Thursday, August 11, 2011

How does it feel to be back in the USA?

So, I made it back in one piece. Traveling is a love/hate relationship, but at the end of the day I know anyone would say they wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Since I've been back, I keep getting the same million dollar question: How does it feel to be back in the USA? Well, I have a few words to describe my feelings.

Secure: I am back in my hometown of Lake Mary, FL. and I actually know where I am going at all times of travel, and also see people I grew up with pretty much around every corner.
Focused: Now that I have got a taste of travel, I see how much my money is actually worth. So now that I am back, I am more focused than ever to work hard, and make lots of money so I can continue to see the world.
Healthy: Europe had an amazing influence on my lifestyle. Pre-Europe Devin was eating out 4 times a week at fast food joints. (my fav was chicken Mcnuggets 10 pc. w/small fry and coke.) Post-Europe Devin, now, believe it or not has a new passion for healthy food and cooking! My biggest influence was Spain. I went to publix recently and bought some green olives, whole wheat rotini pasta, and made mediteranean pasta salad for my weekly lunches at work!
I baked homemade white pizza! With olive oil, garlic, oregano, mozzarella, and  Ricotta cheese.
Loved: Absence makes the heart grow fonder is only true to those who truly love one another. I think while I was gone for half a year, I realized who my true friends are, the ones that will always stick by my side no matter what stage of my life. Mostly happy to be back to have family time. I took it for granted, but I try to use my free time and weekends to hang out with my awesome mom, dad, and sisters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment