Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Green" culture.

I attended a lecture the other day in the School of Business. There was a guest lecturer named Björn Stigsson. He talked about how Generation Y is responsible for the future of this world. And how we need to plan, study, and take action to preserve this Earth. It was very inspiring and as a future HR manager, I will be incorporating this into my personal mission statement.


I love how Swede's take sustainability very seriously and as a personal obligation. Being "green" here is a cultural thing, and if you so much as throw away an aluminum can instead of recycling it, you will get many dirty looks and perhaps a lecture from your friends.

I hope to one day bring this "green" culture back to America, and spread it until it becomes a personal issue that people actually care about, not just a corporate issue that companies use to make themselves look responsible.


No comments:

Post a Comment