Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First day of travels...

So I woke up at 8:30am and got picked up by my boyfriend and his mom (my second mama) and we were off to the Orlando International airport.
I got there with plenty of time to spare before my 12:15 departure time. Once we got there my mommy met up with us and that is the first time my mother and Josh's mom have met. And it hit me, how amazingly strong these two women are. Love them both and can't wait to have us all get together more often.
As it was so incredible to have my loved ones at the airport to see me off, it was bittersweet. I said my goodbyes to mom #1 and mom #2, and then there was Josh. He took my hand and pulled me around the corner and he said, "lets pray." As we were together in prayer, asking God to watch over the both of us and keep us strong in our relationship with him as well as with each other, I couldn't help but start to cry. And the tears streamed even heavier as we had our goodbye kiss. Gosh, I am already getting butterflies thinking about the next time I can be in his arms. :)
After that I was on my own, and I started to get pretty worried because my travel buddy, Jimena, was no where to be found. She had facebooked me the previous night telling me how her phone was disconnected and provided me with her moms number. I must have called it 30 times the next morning. Although my heart was beating out of my chest and I was in complete panic mode, I took a big gulp and walked through customs with about 55 minutes till my departure...with nobody but God.
Customs suprised me because I have heard some pretty bad horror stories about "how it is now" but all I had to do was remove my jacket, boots, and laptop from the case. Then I strolled right through, no biggie. I found my gate 77 and unloaded all my luggage and bags onto the carpet. After that stressful workout I really needed some water, so I went over to the nearest kiosk and grabbed the largest Fiji I could find, then I stepped in line. As I was waiting in line, of course who do I run into but Jimena!!! I was so relieved to see her that I ran out of line and hugged her! From then on, I knew it was going to be a great journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment