Monday, February 28, 2011

How I met Sara

One of the ways Jonkoping University integrates the exchange students with the local Swedes is through the contact person program. And of course, being an advocate of student organizations, I signed up for the contact person program. I quickly received an email from my new Swedish friend,Sara Hernsäter. This new found cyber relationship was exactly what I needed to relieve my anxiety and fear of the unknown. We exchanged emails quite frequently, she gave me all the info about local gyms and what type of things I should pack...she pretty much rocked with helping me prepare for my long journey ahead. Sara has been so sweet and patient.


 She picked Jime and I up with her second contact student (Chris from Poland) and took us to IKEA to go shopping for our bedding, and also Willy's the local grocery store.

Here are some highlights from that day:



No comments:

Post a Comment